If you’re thinking that the words ‘chocolate’ and ‘bark’ don’t really seem to belong together, worry not! In this super-quick and easy-to-follow recipe, you’ll learn how to throw together a few simple ingredients to create a delicious, deconstructed dessert that’s as eye-catching as it is delicious.
Just remember, you’re using canna-butter in this recipe, so test the strength of this key ingredient before starting, then get busy with your ‘bark’ - bite-sized shards of white chocolate, infused with cannabis-buttered pistachios. Decorate with dried berries, dessicated coconut and edible spring flowers for a pretty dessert platter with a punch...
- 1 packet (100g) pistachio nuts, shelled
- a dollop of canna-butter - at your preferred strength
- ¼ cup (60ml) desiccated coconut, lightly toasted
- 450g (about 6 slabs) high quality white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dried cranberries, or apricots, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp (10ml) dried raspberry and blueberry powder (optional - try Faithful To Nature for their sustainably-grown, local options)
- A selection of edible flowers like violets or lavender
- Heat a heavy-based saucepan on medium heat.
- Add pistachios and toast lightly. Add canna-butter to the pan and toss, so all the nuts are completely coated. Cool slightly, then chop nuts roughly.
- Pour enough water to fill a third of a heavy-based pot, bring to the boil.
- Place white chocolate in a heatproof glass bowl that is big enough to fit snugly into the top of the pot.
- Place bowl of chocolate carefully over the simmering pot of boiling water, ensuring the glass does not make contact with the water (disaster!).
- When it starts to melt, stir the chocolate with a rubber spatula and keep stirring until it is completely melted.
- Fold the coconut and 2/3 of the toasted pistachio nuts through the chocolate, taking care that all your ingredients get good chocolate coverage.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture onto a lined rectangular baking tray. Sprinkle the top with the remaining cooled pistachios, cranberries and dried berry powders and edible flowers.
- Set aside for at least 2 hours until firm or refrigerate for 20 minutes. Cut or break the bark into 16 pieces and serve at room temperature.
Photography by Micky WiswedelStyled by Caro Gardner